- Business Advocacy
The YMCA of West San Gabriel Valley started in 1912 by three men (State Senator N.W. Thompson, Spencer W. Hudson, and Judge W.H. Northrup) with a budget of $1,250! In the 1930's Miss Catherine Soper deeded two plots as an addition. As time passed YMCA opened a new facility in 1952 which was outgrown in 1985. Through a partnership with the City of Alhambra, the current site opened in 1993 with significant upgrades for programs and was negotiated on a long term lease basis and fundraising began with cities we serve: Alhambra, Monterey Park, Rosemead, and San Gabriel.