- Business Advocacy
Planet Fitness is back in Alhambra! California is cautiously moving to return to normal. The reopening of neighborhood gyms is a big step. Their hours have changed, so please contact Planet Fitness or check the website for the new hours of operation.
As a recognized leader in the fitness industry, Planet Fitness has always had extremely high cleanliness and sanitization standards in their gyms. They have always taken great care to provide a clean, safe place to work out. Now, more than ever, the health and safety of their members and staff has become Job # 1.
Although no one can eliminate all risks associated with COVID-19, PF has taken important steps to strengthen their cleanliness policies and procedures as they reopen their facilities. Below are some of the changes to look for when you return:
* Members now receive temperature checks when they arrive to workout.
* All team members complete extensive training to enhance cleanliness and sanitization.
* Conscientious and thorough cleaning is being continuously conducted using disinfectants on the EPA list of approved agents against COVID-19. This includes a walk around every 20-minutes by our team to clean and sanitize high-touch areas.
* In addition, sanitization stations that include hand sanitizers are available for your use throughout the gym. Look for the yellow flags.
* Touchless check-in is available via the free Planet Fitness app. Download the app and scan in at the front desk. The app also offers steps for over 500 workouts at your fingertips.
* Some cardio equipment will be temporarily marked “out of use” to enable Social Fitnessing™ and create additional distance between members.
* There is new signage throughout the club that highlights the sanitization and Social Fitnessing™ guidelines for everyone’s safety.
* PE@PF will be temporarily modified to focus on individual, rather than group, “Design Your Own Program” (DYOP) sessions. Use your Planet Fitness app for this.
There are steps that you can take to increase your safety at PF. As mentioned above, the Planet Fitness mobile app allows for a touchless check-in process. They are asking all of their members to be Cleansiderate™ of their fellow members while working out. Please disinfect all equipment before and after use. Practice Social Fitnessing™ by putting an imaginary treadmill or two between yourself and other members to adhere to physical distancing guidelines. PF is also providing personal protective equipment (PPE) to staff members, including masks, which will be required for them to wear, and gloves for the new extensive cleaning.
PF Alhambra will continue to follow the recommendations of local and state authorities in order to take every precaution to ensure the safety of members and the greater community. Check your club page on PlanetFitness.com/gyms or the club’s Facebook page for updates on local requirements. As always, please stay home if you’re not feeling well. Planet Fitness will be here for you when you feel better.